Friday, January 10, 2014

The Memory Issue

I've just returned from Target, very disappointed.  The $50 gift card, my loving son gave to me for Christmas, was burning a hole in the proverbial pocket.  I looked, and browsed, and looked some more and I ended up leaving having spent only $1.89 on a pop, and a Christmas ornament marked 90% off.

A list of the things I might need does not hang on an bulletin board in the enterance to my brain.  I laugh when I think of the contents of my brain scattered about my home.  Actual thoughts, ideas, needs, and wants draped over pieces of furniture, hanging out of open drawers, laying quietly on the garage floor, waiting to be retrieved.  With actual objects, I'm a fairly organized individual.  But, I need to beable to see and touch and feel the things I'm organizing.  Unless I have something written down, it's lost to me.

And even if it's written down, there's a good chance I'll forget to look where it is written!


Early on, I figured I could keep track of all the notes I wrote myself in one place.  I wrote all of my notes to myself, no matter what they were about, in a small notebook.  That little book was always kept in one of two places; in my purse, or on the kitchen counter, by my calendar.

That worked...for awhile, but then I forgot the plan.



No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...