Monday, December 9, 2013

Now What?

Now that I am officially retired, at least until track season, it's time to finalize my plans.  But this head injured blogger knows that nothing is ever certain.  Sometimes I am unrealistic about what is actually do- able, and I start things I can't finish. Of course I attribute this to my head injury, and pretty much blame all my short comings on that fact. My friends are quick to disagree. They choose to encourage, and I let them. 

Exactly what was I going fill each empty day with?  Plans included blogging, but I've been thinking things through, regarding my blog.  I've always thought about it as a head injury survival guide, but I've written basically about myself.  It's said you should "Write what you know!" And I do really know about myself, and my experiences, but the head injury stuff has been an after thought.  Plans include more focus there.

A good friend suggested that I write about the scientific side of a TBI as well.  Because he's a true academic, I figured I'd take his sage advice. We've been close for 37 years and he's never led me astray.

Stay tuned; I'll blog, craft, play Facebook games, read, blog... It's not certain, though.

2 comments:

Duck that Chuck said...

What a perfect way to reflect on BIG life changes, provide insights, add humor and enlighten your beloved viewers about struggle, blessings, adventures and dreams. I can't wait to read so... Carry on!

lexie said...

thanks for the kind words... I hope you enjoy!

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...