Thursday, December 19, 2013

Loving Myself?

I returned to my home town kinda broken, but things have gone better than anticipated.  Home for  ~5 years now, I found a perfect mate; perfect for me that is.  He is kind, caring, and very easy to love.  We laugh, a lot, and live simply.   

But, back to me of course because I'm the blogger, dam it!  And, I now remember that I was going to focus more on How I live with the effects of my head injury.

By kinda broken, I don't mean physically; it was more of an emotional instability I know stemmed from my head injury. The old adage No one will love you until you love yourself, kept rattling around in my head.  My conclusion was that I think very highly of myself; at least deep down anyway.  My core belief being, I am better than just OK; I have a lot to offer!  

But even as I write this I find myself returning to statements that include guess/might/maybe/probably and solidifying the statement by removing those words.  If I can write less wishy washy then I know for sure I am living with less self doubt!

Truth is, I may not have really loved myself until Dan showed me that I was lovable. 

So there it is, you can love somebody before you love your self, if that person is willing to help you get to the point of loving, not just them, but yourself.





No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...