Friday, December 20, 2013

Upworthy

Let me start by saying I consider Face Book, as well as Pinterest, simply new wave magazines.  I can browse, read the things that interest me, or turn the page.  And reading is not my only option, I can actually watch video clips; really well done video clips that make me wish I had some how ended up in that industry rather than education. 

I can picture myself putting together really fun, informative pieces of film, or at least being part of a team that does.  I am a very good team player!

Anyway, I saw a couple of real neat things this morning.  I saw that Bill Gates was someone's Secret Santa. He donated to a cool organization that provides things that will help feed families in 3rd world countries, and to represent the gift he had given in her name she received a cute plush cow toy. That Bill sure is clever, isn't he?

And then I saw where a man was going to be given $25,000. He was supposed to make a movie trailer, but then got the movie company's permission to take those dollars to the Phillipines to procure food and other essentials for the survivors of the world's hugest typhoon.  He bought the stuff, ferried it via bus (there were no trucks big enough) to the areas most in need, and repackaged it into family bags. Finally, he was part of actually handing those bags to typhoon survivors.

The sight where I find all this cool stuff is called Upworthy, you should go there.





No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...