Monday, December 2, 2013

Crap!

Wow, I feel like crap.  I've allowed my life to get in the way, of this, in more ways than just a few.  So much has happened in such a short time, that maybe it wasn't that brief after all! Good, or not so good, all the changes were instigated by me; I...

  • Moved home to Montana
  • Continued to date
  • Met a few yucky guys 
  • Worked at an elementary school
  • Met a few good guys
  • Worked at another grade school
  • One of the good guys became a good friend
  • That friend introduced me to his best friend (BF)
  • I asked the BF to go out, to prove that he would
  • Worked at another school
  • Fell in love with the BF
  • Married the BF
  • Bought a new house
  • Worked at a middle school
  • Filed for disability
  • Resigned
That brings you up-to-date on my life, and here I am now!  I can stay at home and write every day if I feel like it, or if I can remember to.  My head injury allows me the use of that flimsy excuse.

I've filed for disability because of the difficulties the actual head injury left me saddled with.  For years I was able to compensate for my issues but now I've pretty much thrown in the towel.  I realize that 22 years post TBI I might deserve to relax some, but it's still a difficult concept to embrace.  

So here I am day one of my "retirement," and already frustrated.  

No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...