Saturday, January 18, 2014

Delayed Recollections or How Easy it is to Make Lexie Laugh?

It's very easy to make me laugh, and my husband says some things that make me LOL (laugh out loud.) Sometimes text talk is handy, but not when I have to explain. 

He’ll be discussing something that is not funny, and he’ll drop in a word/words, that was/were in fashion when we were growing up. Did you know there are actually kids out there who refer to those words as Vintage?

Examples follow:

Driving down the road, he nods his head to the left, like you do when you want to show direction, and says, There’s the Fuzz up ahead – they turned left though – wow, lucky…

We were going out, and I was waiting for him (not uncommon,) and when it looked like he might finally be ready, I asked if we could go. He answered without hesitation, and in a curt manner, Roger, Wilco!

I sometimes ride along when my husband, and his best friend golf. We take two carts, and we were still in ours, moving along fairly quickly. The BF had already gotten out of his cart, and was jogging along the banks of a body of water, in search of his ball (also, not uncommon.) For a brief moment we were alongside the BF. My mate calmly said, He’s really bookin’ isn’t he?

The most recent was when I asked him if he could grab something, for me, out of the kitchen, and he quickly said, No Sweat.

I laugh every time he does that; like he hadn’t used that particular term since back when everybody did!  It's not like I've forgotten, it's more like there is a permanent delay, before every recollection of past events.

No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...