Sunday, December 29, 2013

This is what it is About!

This might be what blogging is all about.  You see, I met a gal in Eugene, while there for the Track & Field Olympic Trials, and when I got home we became friends on FB.  

At least that's how I think we met. 

Of course I immediately forgot how I had met her, and am still not sure.  I read her posts, and enjoyed seeing pics of her here in K-Town last summer and thought, Wow, she has family here? That thought was followed quickly by How did I meet her/how do I know her?  

Anyway, here's the connection or at least a connection:  I had been a track star when I was younger but she is a track star now!  She competed in the Master's World meet!  I was so excited to write about my find that I've only read bits of her husband's blog http://minnows-team.blogspot.com, but I was tickled by the picture with her 4x400 relay team.

They were bronze medalists at WORLD'S!  She's only been married a little longer than me so we're both newlyweds... well kinda.  I read her husband's blog about her dialogue with her relay team.  Oh, she's that teammate! I thought. Every team needs someone like that. Reason: because then all the other teammates try to reassure her, and because they are busy with that, they can forget their own frazzled nerves!

Here's a shout out to Betty Shaefer!  Master Trackster Extraordinaire!

No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...