Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Six Sentences

I posted a link here to the Six Sentence thing I found.  Telling a tale in just just six lines of prose is something this brain injured writer is interested in trying.   I tend to ramble on, and on, and on, causing listeners to ask is there a point to this story? So I am giving it a go. Here is my attempt to do just that; tell you what is going on in my single life, right now. 

I connected with a strange man through an on-line dating site just prior to very long road trip to visit my grown children in the next state.  In the beginning we communicated only through the computer, first the dating sight, and then as we became more familiar, personal e-mail.  This man's writing skills impressed me from the get-go, and since I was on vacation, and my children were working, I had plenty of spare time to construct witty responses to his notes.  Upon my return home we met, began dating, spent time enjoying unique activities,  and he was intoduced to and interacted with my friends. The Microwave Relationship created my ideas of him: he loved to hear himself speak about his accomplishments, and although he often contadicted himself,  would be my savior because he accepted me despite all of my flaws.  About three weeks from the beginning it was over, and I have decided to focus, not on dating but, on my exhausting job search, my good friends, who might really be all I need to flourish, and the beautiful summer.

No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...