Friday, July 16, 2010

Moving On

After yet another try at a relationship, I have chosen to move on. 

It had potential, or at least I thought it did, but the signs of demise were there early, but like I often do, I chose to ignore them.  He pointed out faults in my friends before he even knew them, but because he did so rather innocently, I chose to dismiss.  Recently, I read an article that says in today's dating arena there are too many of us creating lists, and most are unwilling to do the work necessary to forge a partnership.  Because I  agreed with this information, I tucked it away, and  told myself I needed to overlook some irritants, talk honestly to have my views at least heard, if not understood, and listen to what I might need to do in order for bonding to happen. 

Men, it seems, at least early on, feel they need to prove-up.  They talk about their financial successes, money-in-the-bank and grand plans, and he did all of these things, a lot. I finally decided to end it and I knew that I was dodging a bullet because the end  was not coming easy.  I had to be bold, and tell him exactly the things a nice person does not want to say, but he did not just smile, nod, and go away, rather he challenged the facts. 

Perhaps, he said, if he had been truer to himself, it may have worked.  He lamented that he had tried to be the person he thought I wanted. That came on the heels of my comment: I hadn't liked that he spoke poorly about my friends and family.  So very strange, then, does that mean that he thought I wanted him to say nasty things about those closet to me?  The relationship didn't even seem to warrent the effort it would have taken me to get mad. Single, once again, I think I'll take a break...  

No comments:

The Veery

It took some convincing but I was allowed to drive, alone, to visit a very old friend at her cabin, the Veery, outside Great Falls. Althou...